Friday, June 29, 2012

Chrome Browser for IOS - first impressions

I've played a little with the new Chrome browser for IOS on iPhone 4S and iPad and it's generally a pretty positive experience.

 I didn't personally notice the speed differences referred to in the article. I probably will now that it's been pointed out to me but who knows?

 Chrome does a couple of things that Apple ought to have done with Safari for IOS: 


  • The synching with other Chrome browsers is very nice. It's surprising that Safari hasn't already done this. Perhaps in 6. We'll see... 
  • The major thing I noticed and liked was the way Chrome handles Tabs in the iPhone version. This also ought to have been implemented in Safari.


From the Washington Post


Chrome for iOS: What you should know »

Google has just launched Chrome for iOS, the long-awaited browser replacement we've all been hoping for

No comments:

Post a Comment